WOW! What a day we had! The sun shone, the entrants turned up in their droves and crowds of thousands came to watch and cheer, we couldn’t have asked for better!
The atmosphere on Sunday 11th June 2017 was one to put a smile on everybody’s face. People of all ages, from all communities came together in celebration of our town and what we can achieve when we all work as one.
Lead through the streets of Nuneaton by the Standard Triumph Pipe Band; the carnival procession was a cheerful vision of bright colours, happiness and excitement complemented by the ‘Sound of Music’ from famous musicals loved by many.
After the biggest carnival procession Nuneaton has witnessed for a few years we managed to raise a wonderful £3000 from your generous coin donations! It may have taken our dedicated army of coin counters until 1am the following morning to finish counting it all but it was completely worth it 🙂
Before we ‘Close Every Door’ on our Musical day, we must give thanks to our wonderful helpers and sponsors. Without them carnival day just wouldn’t be possible, and there’s a lot of them…
In no particular order, our most grateful thanks goes to:
- All of our wonderful procession entrants!
- Companies who supplier lorries for our floats: Kearney Transport, J W Morley and Active Tunnelling
- Gala field arena acts and stall holders
- Pearsons Fun Fair
- Procession donation collectors
- Coin counters
- Our procession judges: Councillor Dennis Harvey, MP Marcus Jones, Mayor Councillor Bill Hancox, Jonathan White, Vic Minett, Emma Grewcock, Becky Bennett and Ann Hayes
- Carol at Full Length & Fabulous
- Louise Chandler of Louise’s Hair & Nails
- Siobhan Aspley Beauty Therapist
- Mike Weaver Communication
- Paul Cresswell
- Phil Drury & Simon Jones
- Pete Starkey
- Crown Skips
- Second Chance
- Asda Nuneaton
- Co-op Funeral Care
- Oaks Nurseries Weddington
- Nuneaton Young Peoples Club
- Anker Radio
- Vic Minett of BBC Cov & Warks Radio
- B&M Nuneaton
- Tesco Express on Croft Road
- Wilkinsons Nuneaton
- The Disney Store
- Warwickshire Fire & Rescue Service
- George Elliot Hospital
- Bramcote Barracks
- Wickes DIY Nuneaton
- Cartwright Hands
- Pete’s Chippy on Croft Road
So, what next?
We the Nuneaton Carnival Committee are extremely proud of the town we live in and continue to strive towards a bigger and better carnival day each year – plans for Carnival Day 2018 are already in motion but we can’t do it all without YOUR help!
Carnival Day 2018 will be ‘AS SEEN ON TV‘ on Sunday 10th June, see how you can get on board by entering into the procession – click here for more info or see here for information on having a stall or performing on our Gala Field!